The Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN) is launching a new fund, focused on Africa, which will support the development and implementation of projects that encourage climate compatible development decisions and policies in Africa.
Initially the find will support two (2) innovation process awards of up GBP100,000 each, then may provide awards of up to GBP200,000 each to support the implementation of the project proposal output.
Application are received till August 31, 2012
You should apply for the fund if you:
- Are an applicant group must include at least two (2) partners. Lead Applicants must be African institutions (and not international institutions based in Africa). Additional partners can be African or non-African institutions. The majority of the funds (at least 60%) must be allocated to African institutions.
- Are an applicant group which ideally includes government institutions. If not, you must be able to demonstrate significant government buy-in in your project proposal.
- Are proposing activities that support an existing network and/or community of practice to ensure buy-in and sustainability.
- Have game-changing project idea focused on Africa that requires further shaping through an innovation process.
- Are aligned with the evaluation criteria.
- Can establish a road map for sustainable implementation of the results of the innovation process, for which the relevant target audience is clearly articulated. Projects that demonstrate strong proposals, implementation roadmaps and other high-quality outputs from these innovation processes will be more likely to receive the subsequent funding of up to GBP200,000
More information could be found about the fund here: http://cdkn.org/2012/06/cdkn-innovation-fund-round-2-africa-focus/